Thursday, February 05, 2009

Long Overdue Update

Good afternoon folks!

I'm not sure if anyone still reads this, but I looked when my last update was and realized that we are long overdue for one. Unfortunately today is not going to be a rant, just an update. Slave-On has actually been really pleasant to work at for the last few months. We have all new managers, and ALL of them I get along with quite well. Interestingly enough, all the past managers that I did not get along with, everyone else did. Now, I get along with all these guys, and for the most part people do not like them. Maybe I'm just a jerk and get along better with jerks? I joke of course; I do not think these guys are jerks.

School is going really well too. My last semester as an undergraduate is turning out to be much easier than I initially thought it would! I have awesome classes and am working on some really interesting projects this semester which I thought I'd share.

Modern US Intellectual and Social History (321): I'm doing a research project on baseball! Why is it, out of all other sports, baseball became THE American pastime? What caused it to emerge and endure for over 100 years? What is it that makes the "All-American-Sport"?

History of the Modern Police (458): We started a project at the beginning of the semester where we each had find police and crime stories from PG in the online newspaper database. We all used the same search terms, and had to do 100 hits each/week. 100 hits = 100 newspapers, and each newspaper had more than one page with a crime in PG story on it. And after our hard labour we are making a "Policing and Crime in PG search database" for the library. The hope is to use this database for our term papers.

Anyways, that's it for now, I just though those were two neat projects. I'll keep you updated on what I find in the PCPG database, and what I may write my term paper on.

Cheers,

AR

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew!!
The history paper on baseball sounds really interesting. Pass on any info you figure out.
Good luck in your last semester. I'm planning on hitting PG at the end of August (very early planning. Really just 'batting' the idea around. See how I brought your paper in? I'm so clever. Not really) so will chat with you about it then. Hope all is well :)

Monday, 23 February, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home