Saturday, May 26, 2007

A British Tar Is A Soaring Soul!


Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, just a quick note today - and not really a rant. I went and saw Gilbert & Sullivan's "HMS Pinafore" last night, and what an awesome show it was. Now you are probably wondering "Why would Andrew (who some of you know is NOT a fan of musicals) want to go see an Opera?!!!" The answer to that question is really quite simple - Adam and Andrew J, you will probably get a kick out of this...

The first time I ever heard of The HMS Pinafore was on.... ready? "Star Trek:Insurrection!" That's the Star Trek movie where Data short circuits and starts shooting people at the beginning. So Captain Picard, and Lieutenant Commander Worf set out to rescue him, but in order to do so they need to distract him(Data). Picard recalls that Data was rehearsing a show for the crew and instructs Worf to pull up one of the songs and lyrics from the computer Database, so they could start singing it. The Song was "A British Tar" from Gilbert and Sullivan's HMS Pinafore!

It took my brother and I ages to find out where it's from, but once we did, we've been singing "A British Tar" ever since. When I saw the poster for the show I knew I had to see it! It was well worth it! FANTASTIC SHOW!!!! If any of you are free Saturday Night at 8:00 or Sunday afternoon at 2:00 I recommend you go see it!


Cheers

-Andrew-

(Oh, and it turns out my Doctor was principal flute for the Orchestra too!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Rosser, you're one weird muffin. Glad you enjoyed it!

Tuesday, 29 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home