Saturday, October 23, 2010

First week down!

Well ladies and gentlemen,

I survived my first week of practicum! The best part is, I still want to be a teacher! My faculty advisor even said that one of my lessons is one that kids will remember for a long time! The kind of lesson that makes kids go "Hey, remember when we had that student teacher and he showed us an example of a meal from the Great Depression?" Overall, it was an awesome week even with my big goof at the beginning of the week.

Want to know what happened? Well ok, I'll tell you. Basically, I forgot to prep for an entire class. I go spoiled at College Heights Secondary and got to teach TWO Social Studies 11 classes. So I really only planned for one class... well, that was kind of what I was doing this practicum... then realized I don't teach two Socials 11 classes... I have a grade 9 and 11 class! It's ok though, I fixed it in the end and still delivered two excellent lessons. There were other factors as well, but that one was the best.

Overall, I think I have learned more this week than I have in my entire two years in the BEd program! This practical experience is really the most valuable. I'm really learning my strengths and my weaknesses. I'm super excited for next week to come already. I can't wait to start my Industrial Revolution unit, and World War Two unit!

That's all for now!

Cheers,

AR

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Glad to hear it went well. You'll have a hard time going back to regular classes after your practicum!

Saturday, 23 October, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home