Monday, November 08, 2010

Back to Class

Well ladies and gentlemen,

Tomorrow is my first day back at the University after three glorious weeks of teaching. I loved every minute of teaching (even the difficult students) and wish I could just stay in the classroom. Don't get me wrong, I am quite excited to see many of my classmates and hear how their practicums went. What I am not looking forward to is the obscene amounts of work that the professors will try and pile up in the last weeks before Christmas break.

Let me just quickly give you last semester's scenario. When we all got back from practicum, we got an email from the chair of the program saying that they are shortening our semester by one week. What the email did not say is that they are still going to expect us to do as much work as we would have done if we had that extra week. I cannot speak for my colleagues, but I sure felt the crunch near the end. What especially made the last few weeks tough was all the extra little assignments that were added to the list of all the major assignments we were already given. Overall, I felt worn out at the end of the semester.

As I said previously, I am quite excited to see my classmates again and hear how their practicums went, but I'm not looking forward to the work load. Today I picked up my final report from my cooperating teacher and had awesome reviews. My cooperating teacher made me feel like I'm a real teacher and I don't really want to go back to being a student again. Oh well, only 8 more weeks of classes left, then a 10 week teaching practicum and I'll be a real teacher (pending BCCT certification)! I'll just have to take these remaining weeks with a grain of salt and continue to jump through the hoops! I can see the light!

Cheers,

Andrew

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Andrew!
Im so happy for you. Right now I did not get into the program but hopefully next year! Right now I am volunteering in a Grade 7 and 6 classroom learning classroom dynamics. Its so much fun
Amanda

Monday, 08 November, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home