Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Another Day, Another Dollar

Well, another fine day at Slave-On, and you know what that means! Another day with stupid people! So this lady come up to the till carrying her green handbasket. and a 4 litre jug of 2% milk. This is all fine and dandy until she trips over something... I don't know what... and the jug of milk just splashes all over the floor. So I jump to the rescue, pop up a "Wet Floor" sign, take the milk back to dairy reclaim, and go find a mop. Sounds pretty boring and un-interesting doesn't it? Well here is the best part. While I am carrying this leaking jug of milk (and I mean it was dripping everywhere) to the back, this lady stops me and asks "Do you carry vanilla beans?" So I quickly tell her no, and keep going but she grabs my shirt and says "I looked all over the store and just can't find them".... Meanwhile this milk is still pouring everywhere, so I tell her I'll be right with her as soon as I drop the milk off at the back, but she still insists "I'll be quick, I just want to know what isle the vanilla beans are down".... So finally I can't take it anymore, my hands are soaked in the milk so I do a run and talk "I'msorryitdoesn'tlooklikewehaveanyyoucantrylookinginthebulksorryhaveagoodday" You know? Where someone wont stop talking so you have to say it really fast and get away before they can say anything? First of all HELLO LADY, CAN'T YOU SEE THE MILK POURING OUT OF THIS JUG AND DOWN MY ARM?????!!!! Second of all, I've already told you we don't carry vanilla beans, YOU DON'T NEED TO SHOW ME EVERY OTHER SPICE THAT WE DO HAVE!!!!! You are probably wondering what happened to the lady who dropped the milk in the first place. I'm wondering the very same question! When I got back up to the till to mop up all the milk on the floor, and wipe down our DVD rack that got splashed I noticed that she was gone, and abandoned her basket at the till. Were you so ashamed that you could show your face in the store anymore? I tell ya lady, many people have done a lot worse things at that store.
There was one more rant I was going to share with you today, but I got carried away sharing this one with you that I forgot the other one, so I'll post it when I remember it.

It's late, so it's off to bed I go. I'll post again when I remember the other rant.

-Andrew-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home